Baked bean oven dish
- 500gr minced beef
- 1 tin baked beans in tomato sauce
- 1 onion
- chives (optional)
- tobasco sauce (optional)
- grated cheese, breadcrumbs and butter
Prep:5min › Extra time:20min › Ready in:25min
- Brown the mince. Scoop out the fat.
- Chop the onion and add to the mince. Pour in the baked beans with tomato sauce.
- Add some cream (I never measure, just add until it looks tasty).
- Add some pepper and salt to taste.
- Add tobasco and chives (optional)
- Heat well and pour in an oven dish. Sprinkle grated cheese and breadcrumbs over the dish. Drop a few small lumps of butter on the top. Put the dish under the grill until the cheese and breadcrumbs look nicely browned. Lovely with a fresh letuce salad.
If you put tomatoes chopped into quarters on top of the cheese n breadcrumbs befor grilling it tottaly transforms this dish. It defo needed something to lift it. The grilled tomatoes worked a treat! - 16 May 2013
Easy peasy! I added a good old slosh of tabasco, which I think it needed. - 02 Jun 2010