No-sugar-added blueberry and banana wholemeal muffins
- 225g mashed bananas
- 1 egg
- 125ml water
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 250g wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 150g fresh or frozen blueberries
Prep:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- Preheat an oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Grease 18 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin cases.
- Mix together mashed bananas, egg, water and oil in a large bowl. Mix in flour, bicarb and baking powder until mostly smooth (you will still see lumps from the banana, but that's okay!). Gently fold the blueberries into the mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 15 minutes. Remove muffins from tins, and cool on a wire rack.
Used different ingredients. I added 125ml of milk & 125gr of cereal oats to the recipe.. They turned out lovely.. I might add some cinnamon or a little muscovado sugar next time. To give them a little more flavour for myself, but they are perfect for my diabetic mother as they are just now!! - 22 Feb 2011
Used different ingredients. I used olive oil instead of vegetable oil and since I couldn't find blueberries had to suffer with tinned tropical fruit - but I found this still came out delicious and was incredibly easy to make. Depending on whether you're after the chunks or not, you can also blend the liquid ingredients first to make it easier to mix! :D - 18 Apr 2010
so quick and easy, making these for a playgroup so im deligthed they are so healthy!!! - 24 Oct 2013