Sadie's school club gingerbread men
Serves : 6
- 12oz plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2.5 teaspoons of ground ginger
- 4oz unsalted butter
- 6oz light brown soft sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons Golden Syrup – THIS IS THE LOVE! (that's what Ms Martin wrote)
Prep:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- Pre-heat the oven to 190ºC.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and ground ginger together in a mixing bowl. Chop the butter into small pieces, and rub into dry mixture until consistency of fine breadcrumbs, then add the sugar and mix together.
- Mix the beaten egg and golden syrup together, and add to the mixture, mixing together to form a dough.
- Now the fun begins!
- Roll out on a floured surface to about 3mm thick, then cut out whatever shapes you want, Put onto a lightly greased or lined baking sheet, decorate and cook for approximately 10 to 15 minutes depending on size of biscuit (check the colour and spread of biscuit).
- When they are cooked, leave on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack, and leave to cool completely.
- Then eat!!!! YUMMY!!!!
these are gorgeous! My scales are broken so I was just throwing the ingredients in and it's so easy to follow they can't go wrong- mine still turned out perfect! I used dark sugar and slightly less syrup (had to compromise with what was in the cupboard) and some vegan egg substitute (not vegan or veggie but it's always there if I get the urge to bake) You can really smell the golden syrup when they're cooking, so comforting. I will definitely make these again! - 22 Jul 2011
This was so easy to make and very delicoius, My son and niece loved decorating them. Can be cooked thinner for cruchy or slightly thicker for melt in the mouth. Will be making again thanks for this great recipie - 09 Jan 2011
Lovely simple ginger bread mix, loved by all in the house!!!! - 19 Dec 2010