- 110g (4 oz) butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 4 teaspoons cocoa
- 225g (8 oz) Rich Tea biscuits, crushed
- 1 handful of raisins
- 225g (8 oz) cooking chocolate - half milk & half dark
Prep:10min › Cook:5min › Extra time:1hr setting › Ready in:1hr15min
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, sugar, syrup and cocoa. Add the biscuits and raisins when melted. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into a swiss roll size tin and press down. Melt the cooking chocolate and pour over the mixture in the tin.
- Pop the tin into the fridge and leave for about 1 hour to set. To serve, cut into about 20 pieces.
Melt the chocolate by microwaving at 30 second intervals, stirring in between, till melted. But be careful not to scorch the chocolate! Otherwise, melt in a double boiler.
Altered ingredient amounts. Didn't seem to have quite enough raisins in mine so I added a couple of extra handfuls - 14 Feb 2010
This was amazing, but what made it even better was double the amount of golden syrup and 6tsp cocoa. I used Ginger nuts instead of rich tea/digestives and threw in some fresh chopped ginger (about a thumb sized piece) I only used dark chocolate on the top. Made it at 7pm lastnight, by 7:30 it had gone. Ooops. - 05 Jul 2012
Delicious! I was a bit confused by the 'swiss roll tin' though. I used a small roasting dish which did the job fine. Very nice indeed! - 14 Feb 2010