1 / 1 Picture by: julmagic
- 1 (5cm) piece cinnamon stick
- 1 small dried red chili
- 1 (2.5cm) section dried root ginger
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard seed
- 2 tablespoons black Mustard seed
- 2 tablespoons coriander seed
- 2 tablespoons allspice berries
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon dill seed
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 2 teaspoons mace blades, crushed
- 8 small bay leaves, crushed
Prep:5min › Cook:5min › Ready in:10min
- Pound your cinnamon in a pestle and mortar to break it up a bit.
- Chop up the dried chlli and the dried ginger into small chunks (don't worry too much about it the dried ginger never chops the way I want it to so it's enough to just get it a bit smaller).
- Combine all your ingredients in a bowl. Stir together.
- Pack in an airtight container and store in a cool dry place out of sunlight. Use in any recipe calling for pickling spice.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!