- 4 (250g) baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried breadcrumbs
Prep:20min › Cook:55min › Ready in:1hr15min
- Preheat the oven to 220 C / Gas 7.
- Peel the potatoes, and place in bowl of cold water to prevent browning. Insert a skewer or thin knife along the bottom of the potato - this will prevent you from cutting through the whole way. Make slices across the potato the short way about 3 to 6mm apart, making sure to cut down to the skewer but not all the way through the potato. The slices should stay connected at the bottom. Return the potato to the bowl of water, and proceed with the remaining potatoes.
- When all of the potatoes are cut, place them cut side up in a shallow baking dish or small roasting tin. Drizzle with half of the butter, then season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from the oven, and drizzle with the remaining butter. Sprinkle cheese and breadcrumbs onto the tops of the potatoes, and season with a little more salt and pepper.
- Return to the oven, and bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until golden brown and nicely roasted.
Not as fiddly to make as I thought, I used Parmesan and they looked and tasted great. - 13 Mar 2011
loved the flavour of these potatoes. I used oval shaped new potatoes and worked just as well def make these again - 05 Aug 2011
simply fantastic.....try different cheese - 28 Sep 2011