5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla (or peppermint) extract
- 1 tablespoon choc chips
- 1 large mug
Prep:10min › Cook:3min › Ready in:13min
- Add dry ingredients to the mug, and mix well.
- Crack an egg and add it to your mug. Be sure to mix it well to avoid any pockets of flour in the corners. Pour in the milk, oil and chocolate chips, and mix well. Add the vanilla extract.
- Pop your mug into the microwave & zap for 3 minutes on maximum power (1000watt). Wait until the cake stops rising, and sets in the mug.
- If necessary, run a knife around the sides of the mug, and tip the still warm cake out of the mug and onto a saucer.
really nice but i tweaked the ingredients a bit. I used a tablespoon less of flour and hot chocolate powder instead of cocoa it was delicious - 11 Dec 2011
texture of a cheap sponge, and tasted like sadness but my boyfriend liked it :') - 04 Sep 2012
Used different ingredients. Applesauce instead of milk, 3 tbsp cocoa powder, and a pinch of salt. Solves the rubbery texture and lack of flavor problem beautifully! - 03 Apr 2011