- 125g butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 50g cornflour
Prep:15min › Cook:30min › Extra time:15min › Ready in:1hr
- Preaheat oven to 160 C / Gas 3.
- Cream the butter and sugar, then add both flours and knead briefly.
- Press into an 18cm round tin (ungreased). You can prick if you want, but this is not essential.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, until slightly coloured.
- Leave to cool slightly in the tin before turning out and cutting into slices with a non serated knife.
Very crumbly, taste excellent. Puts store-bought in the shade! Recommend doubling the quantity, though - disappears too fast to go around! - 07 Dec 2010
Was my first time making shortbread and it came out great. Really easy to do. However I think I'll make twice the amount next time, as it didn't last long. - 13 Nov 2011
Very nice, just like my mother made when I was little! I will add a touch more sugar next time, but otherwise very soft and crumbly biscuits! - 26 Oct 2010