99 people made this
About this recipe:
This is a Scottish recipe. The cornflour improves the crumbly texture. Chocolate, raisins and nuts are some of the things which can be added as well.
50g caster sugar
100g plain flour
Extra time:15min ›
- Preaheat oven to 160 C / Gas 3.
- Cream the butter and sugar, then add both flours and knead briefly.
- Press into an 18cm round tin (ungreased). You can prick if you want, but this is not essential.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, until slightly coloured.
- Leave to cool slightly in the tin before turning out and cutting into slices with a non serated knife.
Was my first time making shortbread and it came out great. Really easy to do. However I think I'll make twice the amount next time, as it didn't last long.
- 13 Nov 2011
Very crumbly, taste excellent. Puts store-bought in the shade! Recommend doubling the quantity, though - disappears too fast to go around!
- 07 Dec 2010
Very nice, just like my mother made when I was little! I will add a touch more sugar next time, but otherwise very soft and crumbly biscuits!
- 26 Oct 2010
Write a review
Click on stars to rate