Chewy Fruit & Marshmallow Honey (Microwave) Flapjacks
- 75g (3oz) butter
- 5 tbsp light muscavado sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 150g (5oz) porridge oats
- 50g (2oz) dried cherries
- 50g (2oz) dried mixed fruit
- 25g (1oz) chopped mini marshmallows
- optional - 1 tbsp grated chocolate
Prep:10min › Cook:5min › Ready in:15min
- Place the butter, sugar and honey in a microwave safe bowl and cook on high power (in a 1000W microwave) for 1½ minutes, or until butter is melted. Stir in the oats, cherries fruit and marshmallows and mix thoroughly.
- Press mixture into a 10"-ish square greased baking dish and sprinkle with the grated chocolate. Cook on full power for 4½ minutes or until the centre is bubbling.
- Allow to cool then cut into squares.
Easy, tasty & quick!! I'm now about to make it again - 12 Oct 2010
. Delicious, easy. The whole family loves it. So quick. Definitely be making it again - 03 Oct 2011
I live in Spain, so can't get muscavado, but used brown sugar, and that worked fine. Also can't get mini marshmallows, so used big ones and just cut them up. (Tip for cutting the marshmallows, put a pair of scissors into a cup of boiling water, then keep re-dipping the scissors if the marshmallows start to stick) I find that if you put the fruits in with the sugar, honey and butter, they plump up and become soft. I took a batch to a Spanish birthday party last week, and have been asked for the recipe by 8 people...everyone loves it!! Just made another batch to take to other friends this afternoon!! - 07 Sep 2013