Cheese and onion quiche
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 eggs
- 80ml double cream
- 40g grated Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1 (23cm) unbaked pastry case
Prep:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5.
- Over medium-low heat melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onions and cook slowly, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and caramelised.
- In a small bowl, beat together eggs and cream. Stir in cheese. Spread onions in bottom of pastry case. Pour egg mixture over onions.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until eggs have set.
. It is a very flat quiche, good for an appetizer but if one plans to have it as main course then it is better to double the amounts - 25 Jan 2010
Used different ingredients. I substituted the double cream by cream cheese - 09 Feb 2010