- 3 eggs, beaten
- 400g caster sugar
- 250ml vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 375g plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 225g grated marrow
Prep:15min › Cook:45min › Ready in:1hr
- Preheat oven to 170 C / Gas 3. Grease two 1lb loaf tins, or one 20x30cm baking dish.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the eggs until fluffy. Beat in the sugar, oil, and vanilla. Gradually mix in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Fold in the marrow. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Used different ingredients. Used more marrow (around 300g), and replaced the cinnamon and nutmeg with 4 tsp of mixed spice. - 07 Apr 2011
Hi jennyt00k, delighted you enjoyed the cake! To note, you do not have to peel the marrow before grating and adding to the cake, though if you want to, that's fine, too! - 01 Sep 2010
I used a little less sugar but it was still too sweet for our taste. Also took a good hour in our oven. Overall an easy tasty cake though! - 06 Aug 2011