Bacon and Cheddar stuffed mushrooms
Crimini mushrooms are stuffed with Cheddar cheese and streaky bacon. These are perfect for canapes or as a starter.
843 people made this
3 slices streaky bacon
8 crimini mushrooms
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon chopped onion
90g (3 oz) grated Cheddar cheese
- Grill or place bacon in a large, deep frying pan. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove, dice and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas mark 6.
- Remove mushroom stems. Set aside caps. Chop the stems.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Slowly cook and stir the chopped stems and onion until the onion is soft. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mushroom stem mixture, bacon and two thirds of the Cheddar. Mix well and scoop the mixture into the mushroom caps.
- Bake in the preheated oven 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
Reviews & ratings
Average global rating:
Reviews in English (326)
Really loved this recipe. Very easy to make and perfect for dinner parties. I used small mushrooms and put three on a bed of rocket - yum. My new favorite starter.
27 Oct 2010
Used different ingredients.
I used Red Leicester instead of Cheddar - it gave a lovely strong tastes, as well as a deeper colour. Yum.
13 Dec 2010
easy to make and very tasty. We had it with a fish dish but it would also make an excellent starter.
14 Jun 2012
User's IP: 184.108.40.206