1 / 1 Picture by: LynnInHK
Baked Pork Spring Rolls
- 225g (8 oz) minced pork
- 75g (2 oz) finely shredded cabbage
- 30g (1 oz) finely shredded carrot
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger root
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed chillies, such as Schwartz
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 12 spring roll wrappers
- 2 dessertspoons vegetable oil
Prep:20min › Cook:20min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat oven to 220 C / Gas mark 7.
- Place pork in a medium frying pan. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Remove from heat and drain excess fat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together pork, cabbage, carrot, spring onion, coriander, sesame oil, oyster sauce, ginger, garlic and chillies.
- Mix cornflour and water in a small bowl.
- Place approximately 1 tablespoon of the pork mixture in the centre of each spring roll wrapper. Roll wrapper around the mixture, folding edges inward to close. Moisten fingers in the cornflour and water mixture, and brush wrapper seams to seal.
- Arrange spring rolls in a single layer on a medium baking sheet. Brush with vegetable oil. Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes, until lightly browned. For crispier spring rolls, turn after 10 minutes.
Spring roll wrappers are available at any Chinese or Asian supermarket.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!