Mam's special cheese and potato pie
- 8 medium sized potatoes, cleaned and diced
- 1 medium sized onion, peeled and diced
- 1 dash of milk (as desired)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 175g of grated mature Cheddar cheese
- 2 slices of tomato for garnish
Prep:5min › Cook:25min › Extra time:10min › Ready in:40min
- Boil the diced onions and potatoes together.
- Once potatoes are soft, drain and mash together with the butter and milk and slowly add 2/3 of the cheese (set aside the other 1/3).
- When everything has combined together, spoon the mixture into a baking dish, and cover with the remaining cheese, add the tomato slices attractively in the centre.
- Bake at 180 C / Gas 4 in the centre of the oven until the cheese has totally melted and is starting to turn a nice golden brown.
This recipe was edited by Allrecipes staff to include measurements familiar to UK and Irish cooks.
Used different ingredients. add a pich of cayenne pepper and top with breadcrums and cheese! - 04 Apr 2011
Yum Yum my mam used to make this as well, i looked online instead of phoning her - 04 Apr 2011
Mmmm lovely, maade this today totally delicious. Added a couple of extra tomatoes for topping, will def make this again. - 04 Nov 2010