Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 medium sized butternut squash
- 2 medium size onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- a couple of sprigs of thyme
- 1 litre of chicken stock (your own or stock cubes)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- a splash of vegetable oil
Prep:15min › Cook:1hr › Ready in:1hr15min
- Firstly roughly chop the squash (disposing of the seeds) and onion into large chunks, and crush the garlic.
- Put a small amount of oil into a roasting tin and throw in the squash, onions, garlic and thyme.
- Roast in a pre-heated oven for 30-40 minutes at 180 C / Gas 4, or until all the ingredients have a nice caramelised colour on them, but not burnt.
- Warm up the stock, and then put all of the roasted vegetables into a blender, with a couple of spoonfuls of the stock and blend.
- Depending on how thin or thick you like your soup, you can now add more stock, if you find that you have put too much stock in, it isn't a problem, just place the soup into a saucepan and slowly boil until the soup has reduced to the consistency that you want.
- Now all you need to do is season with salt and pepper and serve. Enjoy with a nice wedge of crusty bread.
See it on my blog
Love this recipe so easy too. Real winter warmer - 16 Dec 2011
Roasting garlic onion squash thyme took longer than stated 1hr 20mins, added pinch of chilli flakes and mixed herbs......delicious easy to do once roasting done. - 20 Nov 2012
This was my first ever butternut squash soup! And I am completely in love with this soup - I wanted something simple & healthy but nice and this one is a definite winner! Will be making soon again. - 22 Jan 2013