Baked Tortilla Crisps
- 1 (300g) packet flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Prep:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4.
- Cut each tortilla into 8 triangular wedges and arrange in a single layer on a baking tray.
- In a mister or spray bottle, combine the oil and lime juice. Mix well and spray each tortilla wedge until slightly moist. (Lightly brush on the oil and lime juice if you don't have a mister.)
- Combine the cumin, chilli powder and salt in a small bowl and sprinkle on the wedges.
- Bake for about 7 minutes. Rotate the tray and bake for another 8 minutes or until the wedges are crisp, but not too brown. Serve warm or room temperature with salsas, dips or guacamole.
These are wonderful. So easy to make and even impressed by 14 year old who will not normally eat chips! I used flour tortillas, cut them with a pizza wheel, sprayed with Pam and squeezed a little lime juice all over before adding the spices. Thank you for sharing, will certainly be making these again. - 08 Mar 2010
Used different ingredients. I didn't have limes, so I just sprayed on olive oil. I also added some seasoned salt instead of regular salt. Delicious! - 15 Sep 2008
Used different ingredients. This is an easy recipe to make and very good with some salsa. I used olive oil instead, but that was the only change I made. Very good and better for you than shop bought crisps - 15 Sep 2008