Cauliflower and broccoli cheese soup
- 300g broccoli florets
- 300g cauliflower florets
- 60g finely diced onion
- 1 pint vegetable stock
- 300ml skimmed milk
- 90g cheddar or blue cheese
- Pinch of salt & black pepper
Prep:10min › Cook:25min › Ready in:35min
- Put stock into a pan and bring to the boil.
- Add onion, broccoli and cauliflower and simmer until the florets are tender.
- Liquidise in a food processor or with a hand held blender.
- Return to the pan and add the milk. Gently bring to a steady simmer, then cover and cook for 10mins.
- Stir in the cheese and simmer for a few more mins, occasionaly stirring until the cheese has completely melted and the soup has thickened slightly. DON'T allow the soup to boil at this point or the cheese will go stringy.
This soup is so easy to make and both my husband and daughter enjoyed it so I will be making this again! - 24 Feb 2010
This is truly a fantastic recipe!! I did add half a dice potato to the mix just to thicken it up and it was delicious! Recommended for all the family & even without the cheese was tasty so could be super healthy soup - 06 Jan 2014
love this soup, it's so quick and easy to make but is also a really yummy favourite with all my family, especially my three year old who always asks for seconds - 06 Nov 2013