Lydia's all butter biscuits
- 225g (8 oz) self raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 170g (6 oz) butter
- 110g (4 oz) sugar
- 1 beaten egg
Prep:15min › Cook:12min › Extra time:3min › Ready in:30min
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl, then rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add sugar and beaten egg and mix into a stiff dough, turn out onto a floured surface and knead gently until smooth.
- Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for about 30 mins.
- Roll out onto a floured surface about 6mm (1/4 in) thick, and cut into about 30 rounds. Place on a buttered baking tray and place in oven at 180 C / Gas 4 for about 12-15 mins until golden.
So easy to make, just make sue to leave enough space between each biscuit when you cook them. My first batch became a giant biscuit, but there were no complaints from the kids - 27 Oct 2011
This was so easy but very tasty!!! Thanks - 14 Jan 2010
Brilliant and easy recipe. All enjoyed them so definitely making again. THANK YOU! A+++ - 27 Mar 2014