Easy banana cake
- 125g butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 190g self raising flour
- 60ml milk
Prep:10min › Cook:35min › Ready in:45min
- Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin. Melt butter, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add the mashed bananas, mix well.
- Add the egg, mix well.
- Stir in the flour and the milk.
- Pour into the prepared tin, sprinkle with a tablespoon of demerara sugar to give a crunch topping if liked.
- Bake at 170 C / Fan 150 C / Gas 3 for 35 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool and enjoy!
Followed recipe to the letter cooked in oven for a bit longer as skewer showing mixture on it, when I took it out it immediately sunk and is very gooey inside, what have I does wrong??? - 20 Mar 2013
I'm not a great cook but this recipe is so easy and the cake is just gorgeous! All my family beg me to make it at least twice a week! I have a fan oven and found that cooking it for 45 mins at 150 is just perfect. Thank you - 18 Sep 2012
Almost forgot .. If you have a fan assisted oven, I agree baking it for 35 mins at 170 was just perfect! Thanks for that tip - 25 Jul 2012