- 6oz self raising flour
- 4 oz soft brown sugar
- 1 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 oz butter
- 1 heaped tsp ground ginger
- 1 rounded tsp golden syrup
- 1 egg
Prep:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- Place the dry ingredients in a dish.
- Mix all the ingredients (except the egg) together and add the beaten egg bit by bit to make a stiff consistency.
- Roll in hand to about the size of a walnut. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 180C (350F) (Gas 4)
Ginger bic When do I add or what do I do with the butter - 04 Oct 2012
I've now made 6 batches over 2 days as they really don't last long with my brood. In my first few batches I used egg and extra ginger along with half a teaspoon of cinnamon and turned out great. With my last few batches I compensated the egg with roughly 2 to 4 tblsn of milk and they also turned out great, truth be told no one could tell the difference between the original and the egg free so to those of you who are Indian vegetarians milk is just as good as the egg. Thanks for sharing your recipe, much appreciated. - 04 Aug 2012
I melted butter syrup and sugar, missed out egg and they were easy to make and easier to eat. Fabulous!! - 05 Sep 2011