Banana Prune Muffins
- 100g (4 oz) caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 225g (8 oz) mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200g (7 oz) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 175g (6 oz) chopped pitted prunes
Prep:10min › Cook:25min › Ready in:35min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Grease and flour a muffin tin, or use paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil and egg. Beat until smooth. Blend in banana and vanilla. Mix together flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon, then stir into egg mixture until just moistened. Mix in the prunes. Spoon mixture into muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a cocktail stick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
this was so easy to do and the kids loved it, have to say myself they were pretty yummy - 20 Apr 2010
3 crazy kids all trying to help, one who was slightly unwell being encouraged not to cough on the ingredients and 40 minutes later the best, lightest and most tastiest muffins we've ever made - 24 Jan 2012
These are delicious - I've made them twice now. The prunes give them lovely texture, and the cinnamon finishes them off nicely. They're firmly on my favourites list! - 24 Oct 2012