Barbecue Sauce for a Party
- 800g (28 oz) ketchup
- 2 (155g) bottles Waitrose Cooks' Ingredients Chilli Sauce
- 85g (3 oz) mustard
- 1 tablespoon ground dry mustard
- 250g (9 oz) dark brown soft sugar
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 340ml (12 fl oz) white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (330ml) bottle beer
- 225ml (8 fl oz) lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
Prep:15min › Ready in:15min
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients except for the garlic. Cover and refrigerate until use. Approximately 1 hour before use, mix in the garlic.
- Apply generously to desired meats during the final minutes of cooking.
If you cannot easily get Waitrose's chilli sauce, substitue another non-sweet chilli sauce.
Made and took Le mans France camping trip. It went down well with the gang and we used it on most BBQing. - 29 Jun 2009
made and took Le mans France camping trip. It went down well with the gang - 29 Jun 2009