1 / 1 Picture by: Lisa M
Makes: 16 pancakes
- 250g finely grated courgette (don't peel)
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 100g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 tablespoons soured cream or yoghurt
Prep:10min › Cook:10min › Ready in:20min
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs; add grated courgette and mix well using a fork. Add flour, sugar, salt and olive oil and stir well to blend. Finally, add baking powder and stir until incorporated (do not beat). Batter consistency should be like whipping cream.
- Preheat griddle or frying pan to medium-high heat. Rub griddle or frying pan with olive oil before cooking each batch of pancakes. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of batter for each pancake on hot griddle. Cook until bubbles begin to form, about 1½ minutes, turn pancake over and continue to cook for another 1 to 1½ minutes or until pancakes are done. (You may need to adjust heat, depending on the type of griddle or frying pan you are using.)
- When pancakes are done, rub with melted butter and serve immediately or place in a warm oven until more pancakes are cooked. Serve with your choice of jams, syrups and add a dollop of soured cream or yoghurt.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!