Orange and apricot fruit loaf
This is a very nice, soft loaf which will warm you up with a cuppa on a cold, rainy day! It smells fantastic while it is baking.
38 people made this
80g sultanas, chopped
30g or 2 tablespoons of chopped dried apricots
zest of 1 orange
2 tablespoons orange juice
120g caster sugar
1 egg, beaten slightly
250g self-raising flour
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C / Gas mark 4.
- Lightly grease a 23x12cm (9x5 in) loaf tin.
- In a small bowl, combine sultanas, apricots, orange zest and orange juice. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Beat in egg. Stir in fruit. Stir in flour alternately with milk. Pour mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into centre of loaf comes out clean.
- Serve sliced and buttered with a pot of tea.
Reviews & ratings
Average global rating:
Reviews in English (22)
Altered ingredient amounts.
As I'm not a fan of apricots, i used chopped dried cranberries in place, turned out delicious thanks!
24 Nov 2008
Used different ingredients.
Just used cranberries instead of apricots. I also (as personal preference) like to bake loaves in my oval ceramic gratin/pie dish, purely for the shape.
29 Dec 2008
didnt have any raisens so i just used more apricots fab
Also i added a touch more rind and juice, as i love the orangy taste
FAB FAB FAB
27 Sep 2011
User's IP: 126.96.36.199