- Set oven to 220 C / Gas 7.
- Rub fats into the flour using fingertips, until the mixture resembles fine, dry breadcrumbs. Mix together with enough cold water to form a soft but not sticky dough. Knead dough gently on a lightly floured surface and divide into 4 equal sized pieces.
- Roll out each piece of dough into a circle shape, about .5cm in thickness.
- Mix together the potato, onion, carrot, sweetcorn, green beans and Quorn mince and crumble the stock cube into the mixture.
- Place a small amount of filling onto each pastry circle, using your fingers dampen the edge of the pastry with water and bring the edges together. Seal well.
- Place the pasties onto a greased baking tray and glaze with milk. Then with a fork, make little holes into the side of the pasties. This will prevent them from bursting open.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 220 C / Gas 7, then reduce the temperature to 180 C / Gas 4 and bake for a further 20 minutes.
When mixing the water in to form a dough, pour the water in a bit at a time, to make sure he dough doesn't turn out sticky.
Use for leftovers
For the leftover vegetables you could put them into a lasagne.
If you are serving it to a non-vegetarian, you may use the same amount of minced chicken, turkey, lamb or pork.