Barbecued citrus garlic prawns
- 110ml (4 fl oz) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- juice of 1 lemon
- juice of orange
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons white wine (optional)
- 30 tiger or king prawns, peeled and deveined
Prep:5min › Cook:5min › Ready in:10min
- In a glass dish, mix together the olive oil, mustard, garlic, lemon juice, orange juice, basil and white wine. Add the prawns, and stir to coat. Cover, and let marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat barbecue to high heat.
- Thread prawns onto skewers and cook on barbecue for 3 to 5 minutes, turning once, until pink.
Allow 1 hour for the prawns to marinate.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Cooked these as a tapas dish and immediately thought it was far too many for just two people - how wrong I was, they all got gobbled up at light speed. I took some advice from another recipe and heated up the marinade with half a small pot of double cream to make a dip, it added a bit of extra lovely citrus flavour and went great with a bit of bread too. - 24 Jul 2012
very simple and easy to make. a nice recipe. - 23 Jun 2009
So simple and so delicious, this has become one of my weekly dishes - 08 Apr 2010