Mars Bar cake
- 3 Mars Bars
- 75g margarine
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 225g Rice Krispies
- 1 large plain chocolate bar
Prep:30min › Cook:25min › Extra time:1hr setting › Ready in:1hr55min
- Cut Mars Bars into small pieces. Melt marg, syrup and Mars Bars in a pan.
- Put Rice Krispies in a bowl and add melted mixture form pan slowly. Mix well. Press mixture flat into a baking tray then leave to cool.
- Melt the choc and spread over the top. Leave to set, then cut into squares.
If making with children, supervise them when they melt the marg, syrup and Mars Bars.
When setting the cake, I put it in the freezer for a short while but keep checking it so it doesn't freeze.
The amount of portions you receive from this cake will depend on how deep you make it and how big you cut your portions.
Better with butter. Top with melted Mars bar too, instead of ordiniary chocolate. Simply delicious. - 26 Sep 2011
A very easy recipe to make and was very well received by all the family. Lots of chocolate Mars gooey-ness. Perfect for packed lunches. Yum! For the 'icing' I melted another Mars bar along with the plain chocolate. Thanks for sharing - 29 Apr 2012
Made this for a birthday party. No fuss recipe. very popular with children and adults. - 16 Aug 2012