Barbecued peanut chicken
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/3 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 dash ground cayenne pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
Prep:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- Preheat barbecue for high heat.
- In a bowl, mix the peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, curry powder and cayenne pepper.
- Lightly oil the cooking grate. Place chicken on grate, and brush with 1/2 the sauce. Grill 6 to 10 minutes. Turn chicken, and brush with remaining sauce. Continue grilling 6 to 10 minutes, until chicken juices run clear.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Something else. I sliced the cooked peanut chicken breast's and tossed them into a frying pan with fried sliced red pepper,chopped spring onions and bean sprouts,thn mixed it all together with some medium egg noodles!Sort of like a 'chow mein'!It was very tasty - 10 Mar 2010
love this...i dont have a barbecue but cooked it in the oven and it was great - the chicken was sooo tender For the peanut butter i used smooth and this helped with brushing it on the chicken, although next time i will make twice the amount of sauce. I just need to find a good side to go with it - the veg rice i made didnt do it any justice. - 05 Aug 2011
I loved how this recipe used bog standard ingredients to make a really exciting dish. I didn't have any trouble as did the previous reviewer, josefeen -- though I did bake mine in the oven (no bbq). My oven was at 180 and I did as the recipe originally stated (using half the sauce, and then turning halfway through and basting with the remaining sauce). I think in all I baked the chicken for about 35 minutes, give or take. All in all it was delicious and I'll definitely make it again!! - 29 Sep 2008