Barbecued Sirloin Steak with Garlic Butter
Serves : 8
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2kg (4 lb) beef sirloin steaks
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Prep:10min › Cook:10min › Ready in:20min
- Preheat barbecue for high heat.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat with garlic. Set aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of each steak with salt and pepper.
- Barbecue steaks 4 to 5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. When done, transfer to warmed plates. Brush tops liberally with garlic butter, and allow to rest for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Altered ingredient amounts. Delicious! The only thing I would do differently is use less butter to give it a thicker consistency. When I made it the second time I did that and it turned out great. Much better than when I used the original recipe. - 24 Jul 2008
Something else. Here is what I do I take garlic cloves, mince them, then add salt on them and run knife over them back and forth until paste is formed then add to butter (not melted) I throw in chopped fresh parsley and refrigerate. I add a pat or scoop to hot steaks and butter melts as it rests. Nice presentation YUM - 24 Jul 2008
Altered ingredient amounts. I liked the ease of this recipe. It was very good..I halved the recipe. - 24 Jul 2008