1 person made this
About this recipe:
A chicken, tomato and yogurt based spicy curry.
1 (500ml) carton of passata or fresh blended tomatoes
1 small onion, finely diced
4 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons tikka mixed herbs
150ml natural yogurt
handful fresh coriander, ripped up
1 teaspoon chilli paste
4 tablespoons water
1.5 teaspoon lemon
1 tablespoons olive oil
4 chicken breasts, diced
Extra time:4hr marinating ›
- Mix yogurt tikka spices and 1 tsp of lemon in a bowl.
- Add chicken and stir. Put in fridge to marinate for approx 4 hours.
- Once marinated, put in pan with oil, on low heat until chicken is cooked.
- Add onion stir until soft.
- Add passata or fresh blended tomatoes, garlic, chilli, and a half teaspoon of lemon to the chicken and onion mix.
- Turn up heat until mixture slightly bubbling. Then simmer for 20 mins. Before serving rip up a handful of coriander. Add, stir and serve.
You can add rice or potatoes with your choice. I have it with a green herb salad as on a low carb diet. garnish with corriander.
I love making this receipe, I am still breastfeeding, and is not too spicey. All my children like as does my 17 month old who still feeds.
- 11 Feb 2010
Write a review
Click on stars to rate