Barbecued Swordfish with Rosemary
- 110ml (4 fl oz) white wine
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 450g (16 oz) swordfish steaks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 slices lemon, for garnish
Prep:10min › Cook:10min › Ready in:20min
- Stir wine, garlic and 1 teaspoon rosemary together in a medium baking dish. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Place in the baking dish, turning to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, stir together the lemon juice, olive oil and remaining rosemary. Set aside.
- Preheat barbecue for medium heat.
- Transfer fish to a kitchen roll-lined dish, and discard marinade. Lightly oil barbecue grate to prevent sticking. Cook fish 10 minutes, turning once, until easily flaked with a fork. Remove fish to a serving plate. Spoon lemon sauce over the fish, and top each fillet with a slice of lemon for garnish.
Allow 1 hour for the fish to marinate.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Used different ingredients. I added 1 Tbs of balsamic vinegar and it made the recipe absolutely wonderful! - 21 Jul 2008
Something else. This is a great recipe.i grilled it. I bought high quality swordfish, from a fishmonger, not the supermarket. - 21 Jul 2008
This is fabulous! We will have this again... - 21 Jul 2008