Barbecued Tandoori Chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed chillies, such as Schwartz
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
Prep:25min › Cook:15min › Ready in:40min
- Preheat barbecue for high heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix curry powder, crushed chillies, salt, ginger, paprika, cinnamon and turmeric with water to form a smooth paste. Rub paste into chicken breasts, and place them on a plate. Cover, and allow to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Brush cooking grate with oil. Place chicken on the barbecue, and cook 6 to 8 minutes on each side, until juices run clear when pierced with a fork.
If you're looking for a dairy-free tandoori recipe, this is perfect. But for a more authentic tandoori, try substituting the marinade's water with yoghurt.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
I done a BBQ Saturday for my close family. Tried this for the first time and it went down a treat. They were very impressed! - 22 Aug 2011
This recipe was fantastic it had tasted just like the curry houses, i used it on one chicken breast diced and cooked it with some onion and freshly chopped tomato it was brill thank you for posting it - 28 Sep 2010
Used different ingredients. this recipe was brill i didn't have any ground cinnamon in the cupboard so i replaced it with the same amount of ground allspice also i used 1 diced chicken breast nd cooked it with some onion, 2 chopped fresh tomatoes and a handful of fine beans chopped it made it into more of a tandoori curry which tasted great - 28 Sep 2010