Jambalaya in a Slow Cooker
- 450g skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets, cut into 2.5cm chunks
- 450g smoked pork sausage, sliced
- 2 (400g) tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 125g celery, chopped
- 250ml chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 450g frozen cooked and peeled prawns
Prep:20min › Cook:8hr › Ready in:8hr20min
- In a slow cooker, mix together the chicken, sausage, tomatoes, onion, green pepper, celery and stock. Season with oregano, parsley, Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper and thyme.
- Cover and cook for 7 to 8 hours on Low for 3 to 4 hours on High. Stir in the prawns during the last 30 minutes of cook time.
Serve over your favourite rice.
Used different ingredients. When I make this I use cooking chorizo. The smokey, spicy flavour counterpoints the chicken and the prawns perfectly! - 25 Mar 2011
totally fabulous recipe I made this for myself and my grandmother (who doesnt normally like anything apart from meat and two veg) we both went back for seconds and what was left i gave to my mother who absolutely loved it too. I made corn bread to go with it to soak up all the lovely juices. - 31 May 2011
Went down a storm with our friends..Important to keep checking taste so you can add more seasoning as it cooks. - 31 Dec 2010