1 / 1 Picture by: Miss Velveteen Paws
Healthy Chicken and Corn Chowder
- 3 slices ham, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 sticks celery, thinly sliced
- 900g potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 750ml chicken stock
- 350ml water
- 675g mini chicken fillets
- 615g sweetcorn kernels (fresh, frozen or tinned)
- 750ml skimmed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
Prep:20min › Cook:35min › Ready in:55min
- Put onion, ham, celery, chicken stock, water and chicken in 8 litre soup/stock pot. With the pot partially covered bring to the boil, lower heat and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add sweetcorn, potatoes, milk, thyme and pepper to pot, salt is optional. Simmer, uncovered until potatoes are tender.
- Cut chicken into 1cm pieces and return to pot.
- Thicken soup with cornflour or flour, adding in 2 tablespoon increments and stirring. Once soup has reached desired thickness let simmer 5 minutes and then serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!