Easy Vegan Tofu Chilli
- 1 (349g) carton Blue Dragon Tofu Firm Silken Style
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 100g (4 oz) tinned or frozen sweetcorn
- 1 (400g) tin kidney beans
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 1L (1 pint 15 fl oz) water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Prep:10min › Cook:1hr › Extra time:5min › Ready in:1hr15min
- In a medium bowl, crumble the tofu and toss with the chilli powder and garlic.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, and sauté onion and celery until tender. Stir in the tofu mixture. Continue cooking about 5 minutes over low heat.
- Mix in the sweetcorn, kidney beans and tomatoes. Add water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, season with salt and pepper and simmer about 50 minutes.
Delicious recipe, easy to prepare and cook. Added Cumin and Bouillon for extra flavour and mixed brown rice in with it. - 21 Jan 2011
Something else. Added Cumin and Bouillon and brown rice. - 21 Jan 2011
A pint of water took a bit long to reduce on a low heat and I thought it was a bit bland when I turned up the heat and reduced it. I added some tomato puree to add some sweetness to it, which I thought it lacked. - 28 Feb 2012