Favourite BBQ chicken
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- half a small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
Prep:5min › Cook:25min › Ready in:30min
- Preheat barbecue for medium-high heat.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic until tender. Stir in ketchup, honey, brown sugar, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes to thicken sauce. Remove from heat, and allow to cool.
- Lightly oil the cooking grate. Dip chicken in sauce, and turn to coat. Cook on barbecue for 10 to 15 minutes, turning once. Move chicken to the frying pan with sauce. Simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
A sublimely flavourful recipe I tried it due to it's simplicity but love it for its flavour and how easy it is to adapt to a different palate, for dinner parties say. Clean plates guaranteed. Oh I also added twice the garlic and half a sweet onion too. - 25 Nov 2012
Absolutely superb sauce which gets thicker as you cook. I burnt the first one and still tasted great. Made with chicken and ate cold the next day and yes, still superb! Well done Amanda - 11 Jul 2013