Chocolate concrete like school makes it
Makes: 1 tin
- 200g plain flour
- 200g granulated sugar
- 100g butter
- 50g cocoa powder
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar and cocoa (do not use hot chocolate, you can taste the difference).
- Melt the butter (I pop it into the microwave), then add it to the mixing bowl.
- Using your fingers, mix it all together until it has a crumble consistency.
- Grease your tin and pour the mixture into it. Pat the mixture down so it compacts. Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- When it comes out, sprinkle with a little sugar. Serve on its own (hot or cold) or with custard.
Only leave it to 'rest' if you want it hard. Some people like it still soft. It depends on your own taste.
Wow just like I remember it tasting at school. I'm going to forget the amount of sugar it has because it tastes so good! Don't expect it to last long and I'll have to make another batch. Cheap to make aswell which is always good - 31 May 2011
This brought back so many memories! Tastes just like it did in the 1980s and I can't believe it's so simple. Even I couldn't mess it up! Perfect with custard as a dessert, or eaten as a chunk on the go! - 09 Nov 2011
it's a hit in our house, quick and simple, trouble is it's gone in seconds x - 24 Apr 2011