4 people made this
About this recipe:
This is another scone recipe which I quite like.
225g self-raising flour
2 teasponns baking powder
50g margarine or butter, cubed
25g caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 220 C / Gas 7. Lightly grease a baking tray.
- Place flour, baking powder and sugar into a bowl. Add cubed butter and rub in until resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Break eggs into a measuring jug, add milk up to 150ml and whisk together.
Add most of it to flour mixture, reserve a little to brush over tops later. Mix to a soft dough.
- Place on a floured surface and roll out to 2cm thickness. Cut with a 5cm round cutter, or cut into squares with a knife. Place on baking tray brush with eggwash (reserved fluid).
- Bake for about 10 mins until risen and a light golden brown.
I use a clean tuna tin as a cutter.
Serve with jam and whipped cream or cream cheese.
just tried this recipe and will use it again had no buttermilk so used a big squirt of lemon juice brill had to fight the wife off no cream just butter and jam LOVELY
- 09 Apr 2016
Write a review
Click on stars to rate