Rice Pudding (in a slow cooker)
- 150g (5 oz) short grain rice
- 1 (410g) tin evaporated milk
- 250ml (8 fl oz) water
- 100g sultanas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinammon
Prep:5min › Cook:2hr › Ready in:2hr5min
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker and stir well.
- Cook on high for 2 or 2 1/2 hours, or on low for 5 to 5 1/2 hours. Stir once during the cooking time.
What a mess this made of my slow cooker. It was a hash up from start to finish. It didnt even resemble rice pudding, has some liquid been left off the ingredients list??? - 30 Nov 2008
it was very bland and you could really taste the salt even after adding 2 desert spoons of sugar. quite dissapointing. added a squeeze of golden syrup and that finally cancelled out the salt taste. - 03 Jan 2012
It was lovely- fairly plain though! I would put more saltanas in it next time. and just be warned it does make a mess of your slow cooker! ooo and try it with jam - 20 Jan 2009