1 / 2
2 / 2
51 people made this
About this recipe:
One day I was making vanilla cupcakes, I had none left so decided to substitute it with cinnamon. The result was perfect and still is!!!
Makes: 12 cupcakes
110g (4 oz) margarine (room temperature)
110g (4 oz) caster sugar
2 medium eggs
110g (4 oz) self-raising flour
pinch ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Using an electric mixer with a balloon whisk beat margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Break the eggs into a cup making sure no shell has gone into the cup.
- Beat the egg into the sugar and margaine until smooth and well incorporated.
- Slowly at first beat in all the flour and cinnamon, increase speed once they have incorporated. Mix until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Prepare 12 hole cupcake tray with cupcake cases. Bake in oven for 20 mins or until risen and firm to the touch.
Add buttercream icing by whisking 200g (7 oz) of icing sugar and 90g (3 oz) of margarine together and top.
I attempted this recipe a few hours ago, the cakes smelled wonderful! I increased the amount of cinnamon to 1 tsp and used butter instead.
- 15 Jun 2012
Very nice and easy to cook, as stated before we used 1 tsp of Cinnamon instead of a pinch and it isn't overpowering.
- 29 May 2013
when I made these for a friend, she enjoyed them!!!!!!!!!!! BEST RECIPE TO USE IN NEED.
- 20 Apr 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate